Emboss your cakes with square designs using this PME impression mat.
The mat design features a several rows of small squares, ideal for creating patterns around the tops and tiers of cakes as well as on cupcakes.
The impression mat can be used with a wide range of edible mediums including: sugarpaste/fondant, modelling paste, florist paste, modelling chocolate and marzipan. It can also be used with a range of non-edible craft and salt clays, but it is not recommended to use edible mediums with the impression sheet after using non-edible materials.
Instructions for use:
1. Knead and roll out your sugarpaste to an even thickness using icing sugar for dusting. A handy tip for getting an even thickness of sugarpaste is to use the PME Rolling Pin Guide Rings.
2. Choose the design of your choice and lay it onto your sugarpaste.
3. Firmly push a smoother across the impression mat to emboss the design onto the sugarpaste. Ensure all areas of the mat are pushed into the paste.
4. Remove the mat to reveal the design on your paste.
5. Try spraying with edible lustre to enhance the decorated paste.
The impression mat can also be used with chocolate. Simply pour the chocolate over the impression mat, wait for it to set, then gently remove the impression mat from your chocolate to reveal the design.
Design measure approximately: 10.5” x 5″..
Each square measures approximately 2.5cm (1″)
Wash in warm soapy water to clean.